I know, I know. I bet you guys are fed up of seeing political posts everywhere. And normally, I wouldn’t drag this sort of thing onto my blog but for the first time since I’ve been able to vote, I’ve been feeling really strongly towards letting my voice be heard. I’m not going to make this a biased thing, I’m not going to tell you guys what party I’m voting for or say any parties that I disagree with.
I’m just going to give you reasons to vote. It takes a few moments, but it could make a big difference in our country. Obviously, I’m talking about my UK followers right now but this stands for all votes.
- It’s a chance to use your voice and your freedom of speech. We are all bloggers here. Opinions are literally our M.O. We need to let our voice be heard in however we can. Even if it’s a pencil scratch upon a ballot.
- There’s no harm in trying. If you guys feel strongly against one party, if said party wins and you didn’t put in a vote – it might be something that you’ll regret.
- For my gals – women fought so hard for us to get a vote. They’d be turning in their graves if we didn’t use our golden opportunity!
- For my fellow young’uns – this is our time. This is our time to let our voice be heard and not have the older generation have the general opinion (which I’m sure you guys have heard going around) that we are disinterested in the state of our country. It may sound harsh, but it isn’t the older generation that will have to face the decisions made today. It’s us. It’s our children.
- Finally, one vote CAN make all the difference. If one thousand people thought ‘well, my one vote won’t count’ then that could turn the tables dramatically.
I’m obviously not going to force you – but it’s something so important.