Hey guys! I hope you all like the new theme, please let me know if you do – I’m so happy with it. I bought it from pipdig during their Boxing Day sales and this isn’t sponsored or anything but they were the best company I’ve experienced during my blogging experience. They were so helpful and patient and did everything for me. My blog looks stunning and it’s exactly what I pictured so I really do recommend them if you want to make your blog look a little more professional. Anyways! December has been a rollercoaster with Blogmas and everything but I was proud of myself for posting every day and it’s paid off – the growth in my blog has been insane!
Disclaimer that this post isn’t to brag or anything like that, I love reading people’s posts like this and it’s also encouraging for me to see what different changes make to my blog!
Views: 1,147 (1.5x the amount in November!)
Likes: 475 (2x the amount in November!)
Followers: 245 (+82 since November!)
Comments: 80 (2x the amount in November!)
Most Popular Posts:
- What I Got For Christmas 2017! – I know these posts are kind of controversial but my nosy self loves reading them and I really enjoyed writing this, too. Not from a braggy point of view – purely because it reminded me how blessed I was this year and every year. My family know me too well! I was really surprised at the interest that this post got as I was nervous about posting it but I’m really glad I did.
- New Years’ Makeup Look! – You guys might need this for tonight! This was posted during Blogmas and does what it says on the tin – it’s a New Years Makeup look. I posted this on Instagram yesterday, too, and it got 40+ likes which is more than I’ve ever had on Instagram. Also, Latest in Beauty (the subscription box that I got the products from) commented on the post which was such an amazing thing to happen to me; I literally screamed.
- What Makeup Will I Be Taking into 2018? – Again, this is one that I was really surprised got the interest that it did. I summarised the makeup that I started 2017 with and what I’d be leaving with in 2018. It’s strange how much it’s changed – I think my makeup skills have changed a lot over this past year and I’m really happy with my collection and the products that I use.
- Sia Inspired Christmas Makeup Look! – I’m really enjoying doing my makeup looks at the moment (so if you guys have any that you’d be interested in seeing, please let me know!) so I was glad that this one was one of my more popular posts because it was quite an experimental look. I’m definitely going to be doing lots more of these in the New Year.
- December Birchbox Review – My Birchbox posts are always in my most popular and this box was so deserving of it because it’s the best Birchbox I’ve ever had. I can’t wait to see what they do in the New Year because receiving the boxes has been so exciting this year. Keep an eye out in the future because I’m going to do a re-review of them to see which products I actually ended up using and which are literally collecting dust in my drawers.
Where does my traffic come from?
The most recent development in my blog is that I’ve gone onto WordPress hosting rather than actually running straight off of WordPress if that makes sense? As far as my technologically challenged brain can understand, it’s basically self-hosting with using WordPress as the base. I don’t know! But what I love is that my posts still appear on the reader which they don’t on their Business plan – food for thought! I’m definitely seeing an increase in traffic from my search engines (a goal for next year is to learn more about SEO focus words etc) and Twitter. I’m more active on Instagram, too, so I’m hoping that will be beneficial.
So, there you have it! Do you guys like these posts? I’m so nosy so I love reading things like this. I hope you all have an amazing New Years tonight and stay safe! I’ll see you next year 😉
Business/PR enquiries: email@example.com (if you are a brand and are interested in working with me or if you would like me to edit photos for you then please contact me by this email or by Twitter.)