Hey guys! This post is inspired by the lovely Jade (you can find her blog here) – she went through her previous Birchboxes and picked out what products she actually used out of the subscription boxes. As I’ve hit my six month anniversary with Birchbox, I thought that I would do the same and it was really interesting to see for myself, too. I’m also going to include the products that I really didn’t like. There are some that I was ‘take it or leave it’ but there were some that I hated so I’m just going to include the ones I hated.
So, let’s get into it!
Products I loved:
- Nailsinc in Elizabeth Bridge – I personally get my nails done professionally just because I’m lazy and hate having to touch them up. I get the OPI gel nail polish done and it lasts for four weeks which is perfect for me. But my Mum has absolutely fallen in love with Nailsinc and it’s convinced her to try more shades – she has a busy lifestyle so the long-lasting colour is perfect for her.
- Dr PawPaw Lip Balm – I really struggle with keeping my lips moist and healthy during the winter months so this has been an absolute lifesaver. I’ve bought two big versions of this because they had it in for a limited time at my pharmacy so I wanted to stock up!
- Mannakadar 3-in-1 Highlighter, Eyeshadow and Blush in Fantasy – this is my everyday eyeshadow for when I don’t want to faff about with blending. It’s such a lovely colour and it sits very nicely on the lid and just gives it some lift.
- Spectrum Brushes A05 and B04 – I will never not sing about Spectrum brushes. They are so soft and blend everything out so nicely. I’m definitely going to be collecting some more of them this year.
- LOC One & Done Shadow Stick – a dupe of this would be the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil which I actually use more than this product now but it is just as good! It makes blending shadows so easy and lifts the pigment of any colour you place on top of it.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer – I’m converted. I never thought that I would be able to try this product but I really do love it. I’m definitely going to be dragging this bad boy out during the summer months.
- Baija Paris Caramelised Honey Body Scrub – this is the perfect scrub for if you want to pamper yourself. I’ve almost used this up now but it smells amazing. It literally makes you smell like caramel and it does a really good job as a scrub, too!
Products I hated:
- Benefit Chacha Tint, Lip & Cheek Stain – I know there are loads of people who do love this product but I personally hated it. The colour was so ugh on me – I imagine on another skin type, it would look so good but for me, it just wasn’t right. I also tried it as a cheek stain and it gave me a rash in the exact shape that I blended the tint into. I was so annoyed as it was like it for days so that ended up in the bin.
- Polaar IcyMagic Instant Eye Contour – This was just a pointless product to me. I didn’t get any product out of the roller so I’m not sure if I just had a duff one but I tried it so many times and nothing happened at all which I was gutted about because I thought it was going to be really good.
- Kebelo Clarifying Shampoo – Now, this is purely speculation. But ever since I used this, my scalp hasn’t been the same. I think I’m having an elongated allergic reaction to it because I’ve had scaly patches appear on my hair line that are just leaking flakes of skin (gross, right?) and it’s getting slightly better now but the only change I can pinpoint it to is using this shampoo.
Overall, I’m really happy with Birchbox. There have been some amazing discoveries and even though there were some products that I was really unhappy with, the majority has been a positive experience. I’m also still super excited whenever I get a Birchbox through so I’m excited to see what will happen with Birchbox this year and what products I’ll receive! Here is December’s Birchbox.
What do you guys think of subscription boxes? Are you subscribed to any different ones? Let me know in the comments!
Business/PR enquiries: email@example.com (if you are a brand and are interested in working with me or if you would like me to edit photos for you then please contact me by this email or by Twitter.)