Hey guys! The end of this long month has finally come – is it just me or does Christmas seem like six months ago?! I can’t believe it was literally a month ago today that we were leaving 2017. It has been the longest time, I don’t even know why. But it’s good in a way! I hate when time goes too fast. Anyways! January has been a great blogging month for me – I had my first month self-hosted, I was gifted my first free item to review, I reached the highest amount of views in one day I’ve ever had and I also reached my follower goal!
Disclaimer that this post isn’t to brag or anything like that, I love reading people’s posts like this and it’s also encouraging for me to see what different changes make to my blog!
Followers: 390 (+145 since December!)
All of the stats apart from the followers have gone down this month but I put that down to December being such a busy month due to Blogmas. I was posting every single day so considering the fact that I posted half the amount that I did in December, I’m really proud of these stats!
MOST POPULAR POSTS:
- Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer Review – Makeup Revolution is one of my favourite brands of all time and this Shape Tape dupe hit the market this month! I love it so much and I have enjoyed it so much. I also really enjoyed writing about just one product because it really made me think about all the details within the product so I’m definitely going to do more of these!
- Snow White Inspired Makeup Look – I am starting this as a series. I’m going to be doing lots of Disney inspired makeup look and honestly, the support I’ve had from them has been incredible so thank you guys so much – I really enjoy doing them and there’s some really interesting, experimental ones on the way, too, so keep your eyes out for that!
- Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer Review – Like the concealer, I really enjoyed just doing this one-product review and I love this product so much. I’ve never tried anything from Urban Decay other than their eyeshadows so I’m eager to try more because was so amazing.
- January Birchbox x Ohh Deer Review – My Birchboxes are always on these posts; I’m really tempted to try another subscription box but I’m just waiting for Latest In Beauty to bring out another collection that I like so I might do a series of trying one-off subscription boxes but who knows!
- Birchbox Six Month Re-Review – Again, I can see why you guys read the Birchbox posts the most because I love reading about subscription boxes, too!
WHERE DOES MY TRAFFIC COME FROM?
I am literally so shocked that Twitter has overtaken the WordPress Reader for being my highest source of traffic. I recently started using Buffer (I’ll do a post on this soon) which I think has made so much of a difference but honestly? I never thought that I would see this amount of traffic come from Twitter. I’m not entirely sure why these views don’t add up to the overall total? It’s really strange – I’m not sure how WordPress’ algorithm works it out but. I’ve also been focusing more on Instagram and I’m really surprised that people were actually clicking on the link in my bio when I asked them to! I don’t actually have a Facebook page so the only way that these have come through is through my applying to Blogger Opportunities, pretty sure. Finally, I have focused on putting photos from my blog on Pinterest as I’ve heard so many people say it’s so good for traffic – I’ve literally only done this yesterday so to have four referrals already is awesome.
Ooooooh. This is a part of the stats report that we haven’t had before! But I was paid for my first bit of freelance writing this month which was so cool and exciting to me. I find all freelance work from Upwork and I will be doing a post on this soon, too, but I received $24 for an 800 word piece on fashion which was so much fun. It may not seem like much to some people but it’s so encouraging to me that someone liked my writing enough to pay for it!
This is another part that I’ve added more for personal reference but it’s really interesting to see what being active on Twitter can do not just for your Twitter stats but for your blog, too.
Number of Tweets I’ve posted: 371 (+199 more than December!)
Tweet Impressions: 62,400 (+32,700 more than December!)
Profile Visits: 2,312 (+1191 more than December!
Mentions: 254 (+155 more than December!)
New Followers: 599 (+259 more than December!)
By tweeting so much more, I saw much more interest and engagement come through to my blog and to me in general. I know everyone can’t always tweet all the time which is why I’m going to do a post about scheduling programmes like Buffer and Tweetdeck very soon!
So, there you have it! Do you guys like these posts? Pinch punch first of the month for tomorrow, guys! I have so much exciting content underway for February – I can’t wait!
Business/PR enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org (if you are a brand and are interested in working with me or if you would like me to edit photos for you then please contact me by this email or by Twitter.)