Hey guys! Welcome back to my blog. While you’re reading this, I’m actually on my adventures on holiday in Cornwall. The family and I all needed a break but I’m going to be updating social media because we’re doing so much exciting stuff. So make sure you’re following me on Instagram!
It was my birthday recently and my lovely sister bought me the fanciest brushes ever from Oliver Bonas. The packaging is so stunning – I’ve heard of the brand before from Birchbox but that’s all that I’ve really seen from them.
They’re kept in a gorgeous pastel pink leather case which is sturdy and soft at the same time. It also isn’t bulky like I’ve seen some of the brushes and their cases are. It’s such a stunning case and I was so excited to see it when I unwrapped it. Inside is a cute little speckled pattern that’s a pastel blue. One side has a description of what each brush is for and the other has the brushes. It also has a cute little mirror which has the same design of the outside packaging.
So, onto the brushes themselves. Their design is just so gorgeous. They have a golden rim and then down into the pastel blue handle. They don’t have too much weight to them which is so nice because it means that they are easy to hold onto without being too much. In the set, you get:
- Eyebrow/eyeliner brush. This is so super thin which is absolutely amazing. I’ve never been much of a fan of gel eyeliners so I won’t be using it as eyeliner brushes. I’m using it for eyebrows at the moment and I get the sleekest, cleanest brows with them because it’s such a fine tip. I seriously love it so much.
- Shader brush. It’s not very often that I apply eyeshadow with a brush for everyday use. Does that sound weird? I mean that I literally just grab up one shade on my finger and blend it in. But for my bigger/more glam looks, this is perfectly fluffy for blending it all in.
- Concealer brush. They actually call this a complexion brush and some of you may know if you’ve read my blog that I don’t actually use concealer all that often. So I ended up using this as a highlighter brush and it is so stunning and easy to apply!
- Face brush. I’ve always been a Real Techniques girl. Ever since I discovered their face buff brush, I literally haven’t stopped using it. It’s so amazing but I have to say… this brush is better. I literally look airbrushed with it and I’m pretty sure it makes my makeup stay on longer. It’s so soft on the skin, too.
- Finally, the contour brush. My favourite has always been one from Spectrum but this one has come up trumps once again. It blends literally seamlessly and my bronzer has never looked better. I’m so chuffed with it.